Fresh Ginger Cookies
Fresh Ginger Cookies. Soft & Chewy Bakery-Sized Fresh Ginger Cookies with Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Molasses and Fresh Ginger.
Servings: 15 large cookies
- 3 cups plus 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly ground preferred
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp finely minced fresh ginger or grated with microplane or fine side of box grater
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses not blackstrap
- 1/4 cup turbinando sugar or regular granulated sugar for topping
GET READY: Stir together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and pepper with a whisk until well incorporated.
MAKE DOUGH: Cream softened butter with both sugars, until light and fluffy. Add fresh ginger and mix, followed by the egg, and the molasses, beating well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl down with a rubber spatula as needed. Add dry ingredients gradually and mix on low speed until just combined.
FORM DOUGH INTO BALLS & CHILL DOUGH: With palms of your hands, roll cookies into balls about the size of large golf balls. Refrigerate the dough at this point for about 30 minutes. Remember to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F while your cookie dough is chilling and set the oven rack to the middle position.
SHAPE INTO DISCS & BAKE: Flatten dough balls into discs and dredge in the topping sugar. Bake cookies (at 350) for 10-12 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes until firm enough to remove with a spatula onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Recipe shared by Boulder Daily Camera from Breadworks Bakery in Boulder, Colorado